ORACLE OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS - 04 NOV 2012
1. What is the parameter substitution symbol used with INSERT INTO command?
Answer: & symbol
2. Which command displays the SQL command in the SQL buffer, and then executes it?
3. What are the wildcards used for pattern matching?
Answer: % for multiple characters
_ for single character
4. State whether true or false.
EXISTS, SOME, ANY are operators in SQL.
5. State whether true or false.
!=, <>, ^= all denote the same operation.
6. What are the privileges that can be granted on a table by a user to others?
Answer : Insert, update, delete, select, references, index, execute, alter, all.
7. What command is used to get back the privileges offered by the GRANT command?
Answer: REVOKE command
8.Which system tables contain information on privileges granted and privileges obtained?
Answer : USER_TAB_PRIVS_MADE, USER_TAB_PRIVS_RECD.
9. Which system table contains information on constraints on all the tables created?
10. What is the difference between TRUNCATE and DELETE commands?
Answer: DELETE without WHERE condition is equivalent to TRUNCATE command.
11. What command is used to create a table by copying the structure of another table?
Answer : Create table <table-name1> as select * from <table-name2> where 1=2;